Monday 4 January 2010

Dream Log 1

It might be cool to start sharing my wacky dreams. Cause they get pretty wacky. So here it goes.

In last night's dream...

Apparently, in my dream universe, my house has been relocated to northern Wisconsin. As we pull into the back driveway, a bird that look like a cross between a kiwi and a kookaburra almost flies into my head. It then proceeds to start flying around us and sing a song no one has ever heard. I think, "That bird looks prehistoric." It didn't have feathers, more like hair, and it had a hard looking crest on its head. I was sure I had seen it in a book somewhere. Skip forward to the part where I've my basement has been converted into some secret science facility and we discover that someone's father has messed with time (I have a habit of dreaming about the TV shows. I've been watching, Sanctuary in this case). Rip in time = animals are slipping through? We go outside and see this bird flying around, and some owls on the power lines that are pretty bothered by some other animal. And fireworks because apparently it's close to July 4th. Although I could have sworn it looked like an explosion in space. My dad actually catches the crazy bird and comes across this dog like animal (looked like the one from Avatar) which tries to snatch the bird away from my dad as a meal. I tell my dad to feed it to him cause we have to destroy all life that doesn't belong in our time (even I'm rolling my eyes at that). He doesn't want to but the dog thing ends up taking a bite out of it and kills it, so he just feeds it to him, splattering blood in our doorway in the process, which I refuse to clean up seeing as I didn't make the mess.

So as exciting as this all is, the next scene is the next day and it's the first day at Camp Thunderhead (hence my house in no. Wisco?). There's a lot of running around, but cutaway to a scene where this guy and I are cutting our toenails (sigh) and I decide I have an extra on each foot, though don't feel to sure about it. I actually remember counting six toes. I say something about having to cut one off like it's no biggie, and the guy in front of me chops off two toes with nail clippers which I of course CANNOT watch! Blood and toe bits everywhere. I turnaround to not face the scene and stand at a window that looks onto Roosevelt Road, with a view north to the Loop (my dreams tend to shift location easily/instantaneously). Back to camp and I'm finishing up some work only to be late for lunch, and to discover that apparently I have to teach the next day.

Then I woke up.

0 comments: